Changes of the new Nationality Law on 19 September 2019
On September 19, 2019, the Turkish state newspaper published changes of the Turkish citizenship law, according to which Turkish citizenship will be granted to investors and real estate owners as follows:
– Purchase a property worth 250 thousand US dollars instead of at least one million dollars and pledge not to sell for three years.
– Fixed investment of not less than 500 thousand US dollars.
– Providing job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens instead of 100 citizens.
– Deposit of a sum of $ 500,000 in Turkish banks for three years.
BE CAUTIOUS OF SCAMMERS IN TURKEY
The regulation about the application of Turkish Nationality Code has been recently changed. The conditions of obtaining the citizenship in an exceptional way have been changed. The exceptional way of obtaining the citizenship is only decided by the presidency of Turkey according to Turkish Nationality Code Art. 12. What important for people who want to obtain citizenship with investment is the Article 12/1 -b. The conditions of obtaining the citizenship is regulated in Art. 20 of “The regulation about the application of Turkish Nationality Code” and the conditions has been changed. (on 19.09.2018)
As we received many calls from our clients, we prepared the exact information, which you must be cautious of.
1) NOBODY CAN GUARANTEE YOU NATIONALITY! PLEASE CONTACT AND SEEK LEGAL ADVICE ONLY LAWYERS WHO ARE REGISTERED IN TURKISH BAR ASSOCIATION
As below we write the new conditions, please be aware that the citizenship can be obtained only by the decision of the presidency. The related papers must be collected from your origin country (such as birth records, family records etc.).
And you must be aware of the people, who are seen as a danger to the public, can be rejected. Only authority who gives the decision is the Presidency of the Turkish Republic.
Never go to agents, who give misinformation! Especially some real estate agents abuse the good wills of the innocent Arabic people, who want to invest in our beloved country.
2) THE PERSON HAS TO FULFILL ONE OF THESE NEW CONDITIONS
PURCHASING REAL ESTATE(S) WITH VALUE OF 250.000-USD or EQUIVALENT VALUE. DON’T FORGET YOU NEED TO OBTAIN THE OWNERSHIP ON THE DEED REGISTRY.
1.1 Obtaining the ownership can be only in the deed according to Turkish Law. ( If there is a pre-sale contract must be drafted by Notar.)
In order to obtain the citizenship, what you have to do is, that you need to purchase legally and sign the contracts in the deed. ( tapu)
Simple written, unofficial contracts are void!!! Some project companies, they misinform innocent investors. Always seek legal advice.
1.2. The Value must be examined, it is not important how high you pay for the real estate. (you must pay minimum 250.000USD) However, the real value must be examined by the official expertise companies and the environment and urban ministry must aprrove this.
Please, don’t believe scammers who wants to make a deal only simple written agreements. (AS YOU DON’T BUY VEGATABLE FROM MARKET, YOU MUST BE CAREFULL. TURKISH REPUBLIC HAS CERTAIN RULES for purchasing real estates.)
1.3. On the deed records, it must be restricted that you cant resell the realestates for 3 years.
BLOCKING AMOUNT OF 500.000-USD or EQUIVALENT VALUE IN A TURKISH BANK FOR 3 YEARS.
You can fulfill this condition by opening a bank account in Turkey and block it for 3 years. There is no restriction, the banks can give interest rates during this period.
AMOUNT OF 500.000-USD or EQUIVALENT VALUE of Fixed Capital Investment.
EMPLOYING MINIMUM 50 PEOPLE
INVESTING 500.000-USD or EQUIVALENT VALUE TO INTERNALLY HELD PUBLIC DEBTS (Such a government bonds, treasury notes etc.)
3) YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS CAN ALSO OBTAIN THE CITIZENSHIP ACCORDING TO ART. 12/1-b of TURKISH NATIONALITY CODE.
- The wife,
- Children of the applicant, who are under 18 or legally dependent on the person, who apply for the citizenship,
- Spouse’s Children who are under 18 or legally dependent on the person, who apply for the citizenship, can obtain the citizenship with the applicant.